Saturday, September 1, 2012

Call me Nimsy

For a couple of years one of my friends has called me Nimsy. Nimsy is a nickname she came up with to signify the new and improved Michelle that has emerged after a life altering change four years ago. I've tried to get it to spread to my other friends, but thus far it has not taken off.

But I feel that I am Nimsy. The nickname just sort of fits me.

I have become quite spiritual in the past couple of years. That's not to say I suddenly "found God", I've always believed in a greater power...but as a result of a spiritual awakening four years ago I have become more centered and more serene. In short, a different person than I had been the bulk of my adult life. A grown up? Gasp.

I set out on a journey to change what was wrong in my life. To find the "real Michelle" (or Nimsy as it were). I have a long way to go, but I truly have a firm grasp on who I am today. Now I'm continuing on trying to be the best person I can be.

So the next time you see me, please call me Nimsy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nimsy! I love the background flowers. They remind me of cherry blossoms. How do I follow your blog here? I could not find the follow link. I am also following you on BC. Btw, the name of my blog JerseyLil’s 2 Cents comes from a nickname someone gave me when I moved from New Jersey to California many years ago (I have a page on my blog about the name). After living in CA 20 years I moved back to the East Coast again and when I decided to do a blog, I thought using the JerseyLil name would be fun. So I will call you Nimsy (I like the sound of that, it’s very melodic!) and you can call me JerseyLil (just for the record, my name is Madilyn). So Hi and I’d like to follow.

    ReplyDelete