Friday, July 12, 2013

Summertime Chill

Since receiving word that my daughter is healthy, I've been a bit AWOL from my little blog.  I've missed you guys!  I have been basking in the summer sun, enjoying time with the family and training.  Sometimes pictures speak louder than words, so I'm bringing back the photo essay.  Summertime chill...


Long, solo rides...


Beautiful country scenery...


Board games with kids and dogs...


Sunset on the lake...


Laughter...


Crazy midwestern storms...


Fireworks...


No words necessary...


Riding with my girls...


Chil....


This weekend is approaching, and I have a little bike ride/race...we will see what it turns out to be.  We will be riding across the entire beautiful state of Indiana. This is my first attempt at this event and my competitive nature has me wanting to race it. But I'm going into chill mode, and am planning to enjoy the experience and do my best.  Stay tuned...I'm back.  I will report in on Sunday on my RAIN ride experience.  I hope you're enjoying your summer!  

Peace,
M



7 comments:

  1. Hey there, you are the only one who's been AWOL :)

    Nice pictures, hope you're having a nice summer with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOT the only one, sometimes I eat words :)

      Delete
    2. Gabriel! I was glad to see your comment! Hope you are having a nice summer as well :) Happy to see you're back! Everyone needs a blogcation from time to time!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the pic's Michelle, especially No1. Ah, summer...alas, now a distant memory.
    Cheers, ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian! Somehow I'm guessing the winters in Austrailia are just as beautiful as the summers :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you're back! I hope your trip through Indiana this weekend was nice and dry. Does everyone in Iowa play board games? My girlfriend, who lives in Marion, is always playing board games, especially in the winter. Which games do you like to play?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're having a good chill out time, so enjoy it because summer only lasts so long. We have record breaking weather at the moment, so I know what you mean about getting out and enjoying it.
    Well, I'm off to bed in a minute but the air is so stuffy, not sure if I'll get much sleep. Mustn't complain though, as tomorrow might be snow, ha ha ha, naaaa they said it will be 32 degrees.....

    ReplyDelete