Sunday, August 12, 2012

Things I Observed on My Bike Ride....Sunday

Being a female cyclist is...awesome.

Even the girliest of girls toughens up and becomes almost immune to eating bugs.

Chapstick is my friend.

Immunity also applies to passing road kill in close proximity.  And learning to breathe through my mouth when doing so.

Speed is almost better than sex.

Almost.

It takes a lot of practice to open, eat, fold up and place a gel back in my bento box while continuing down the road at 20+ mph.

Same applies to pulling a bottle from the bottle holder, drink and replace it without dropping it.

I am simply not capable of doing the fast nose blow towards the side of the road.  I see guys doing it all the time.  I've tried.  It was not pretty.

Other cyclists always wave back.  We are a friendly bunch.

Never look a barking dog in the face.

I will never, ever pee on my bike.  No matter how long a ride I'm on.  I'm told it's common practice (by guys I'm sure) in long distance races.  Never. Going. To. Happen.

There are a lot of pig farms in Indiana.  Again, breathing through one's mouth is a very useful  technique.

Good stuff.  Think I'll do it again tomorrow.






1 comment:

  1. Get one long straw so you only need move your mouth to get a drink of water. As for the guy thing, they should wear those grownup diapers! Ha!

    ReplyDelete